ALSA Certified Treatment Centers of Excellence & ALSA Program
The mission of the ALSA Center℠ Program is to define, establish and support a national standard of care in the management of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), sponsored by The ALS Association.
The ALS Association Greater New York Chapter has three area ALS Centers. Click on the links below to locate an ALS Center near you:
- New York, NY: Mt. Sinai-Beth Israel Medical Center - ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. Located in the Phillips Ambulatory Care Center at 10 Union Square East in Manhattan. Click here to visit.
- New York, NY: Hospital for Special Surgery - ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. Located at 525 East 71st Street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Click here to visit.
- New York, NY: Columbia University Medical Center - ALS Association Program. Located at 710 West 168th Street, New York NY 10032. Click here to visit.
- New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School - ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. Located at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Clinical Academic Building (CAB) at 125 Paterson Street, New Brunswick, New Jersey, and part of the Department of Neurology at Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Click here to visit.
- East Setauket, NY: Stony Brook University Hospital - ALS Association Certified Treatment Center of Excellence. Located at 179 North Belle Meade Road in East Setauket, New York on Long Island. Click here to visit.
The objective of the ALS Center Program is to encourage and provide state-of-the-art care and clinical management of ALS through:
- The involvement of all necessary healthcare disciplines in the care of the ALS patient and family
- The offering of care from a team of people specially trained to meet the needs of those living with ALS, regardless of the ability to pay; and
- Collaborative work among Centers to enhance ALS patient care and techniques
The ALS Association selects, certifies and supports distinguished regional institutions recognized as the best in the field with regard to knowledge of and experience with ALS; and which have neurological diagnostics and imaging, and available on-site licensed and certified ancillary services on clinic days including (but not limited to):
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Registered dietician services
- Ph.D. psychology or psychiatry
- Speech and language pathology
- Social Work