Patient and Family Programs
The Harold and Ruth Lopatin Transportation Program
Many patients have difficulty traveling to and from center visits. The Harold and Ruth Lopatin Transportation Program was established to increase access to care for patients and families who have no other means of getting to much needed services. Transportation will be provided free of charge to those meeting the specifications below.
Candidates for the Harold and Ruth Lopatin Transportation Program must:
- Have a diagnosis of ALS,
- Reside in New York City (5 boroughs), Westchester County, Rockland County, Long Island or central/northern New Jersey
- Be able to travel by ambulette or car service
- Be going to an ALSA Center appointment
- Have been unable to secure other means of transport (ie, family assistance, local public transport/paratransit systems, or Medicaid transport through their providing facility)
At this time, due to limited funding, we must limit rides as follows:
- ALS Center: 4 visits annually
- Cost of transportation cannot exceed $500 for one center visit.
To schedule a ride please call or e-mail Christine Dunn at (212) 720-3044 or email@example.com.